These are such a great idea to make ahead for lunches and quick snacks. I found this recipe here, but have modified it according to ingredients I had on hand.
- 2 cups all purpose GF baking mix
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tbs. xylitol
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup tiny cubes cheddar cheese (I used Altadena brand goat cheddar)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I used Romano cheese from from Trader Joes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 sliced black olives
- 1 cup sour cream (I had goat yogurt, so that’s what I used)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted Kerigold butter
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce for dough , 1/2 c for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, xylitol, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the cubes of cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and chopped veggies.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup pizza sauce. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Top with pizza sauce and sprinkle with a tiny bit of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container and refrigerating or freezing.